Thursday, September 18, 2014

Step by step: How to make a vintage pebble stone entryway

   


    I looked at the steps leading to the front porch, and thought that they needed an extra something, so I "decorated" the stairs by making an entryway for it. Anyhow, if you want the instructions here they are:





Step 1:
Clear out grass, weeds, and dig an indent in the soil, the size you want for your entryway. 


    Step 2:
Cut a 1/4 inch rubber mat the size of your entry way. Notice how I put the rubber mat all the way to the ledge.
Step 3:
I placed the bricks on the two sides of the mats. Because this entry way is on a slope I placed the bricks on the right in two layers. I also cut up feed bags to put between the mat and bricks, possibly to inhibit the growth of weeds.




Step 4: (Almost done!)
Fill the mat with pebbles and check to make sure that the rubber is not visible. It took five and a half 25 pound bags. Don't under estimate the amount of rocks!


Step 5:
Add flowers to the holes in the bricks! I added violas,be creative, but use small flowers!

I also placed a Russian Sage plant on both sides! It is so beautiful!

Step 6: You are finished!
I hoped you enjoyed this post and if you want more how to posts, please comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...